PMU Express Policy
A Pacific Marine Underwriting Managers Ltd. Express policy will provide comprehensive and affordable marine insurance coverage for a variety of small boats.
Boats must be under 30 feet in length and not capable of speeds in excess of 60 MPH and less than 20 years old:
- Cuddy Cruiser
- Ski/wake boat
- Fishing boat
- Fiberglass jet boat
- Fiberglass, aluminum & rigid hull inflatable
- Personal watercraft (PWC)
Excluded boat types from Express Policy
High performance (+60mph) such as Baja, Donzi, Fountain, Formula, as well as canoes, kayaks, wooden boats, custom made boats, bass boats and boats used for racing (except sail boats)
Best in class small boat express policy coverage
Our PMU Express insurance policy is a comprehensive insurance package which includes:
- $2 Million Personal Liability & Indemnity Liability
- $2 Million Waterskiing Liability
- $2 Million Uninsured/Underinsured Boater Protection
- Agreed Value Coverage for Vessels 9 Years Old or Newer/Actual Cash Value settlement on partial and total losses for vessels older than 9 years.
- $5,000 Personal Effects Coverage *
- $2,000 Reimbursement of Emergency Expenses (Emergency Towing) *
* Other endorsements available for additional policy coverage enhancements.
Qualifying for PMU Express policy
You must meet the following criteria to qualify for our PMU Express:
- You must be 20 years of age or older and have 2+ years experience operating a boat
- You must have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
- $50,000 maximum value for boat, motor, trailer and equipment tax included.
- Your boat is max. length 30'
- Construction of vessel is fiberglass, aluminum or rigid hull inflatable
- Your boat is for pleasure use only
- No major driving record violations in the past 5 years
- Maximum 2 marine claims in the past 5 years
- Maximum vessel speed of 60 MPH .
- Your boat is maximum 20 years old
- Hand written signature on application
Personal Watercraft Coverage
Personal watercrafts (PWC) are popular for recreational purposes as well as non-recreational applications like water rescue situations and law enforcement. Some are designed to be operated by a single person either sitting or standing, while others can carry as many as four passengers. The increasing popularity of PWCs has lead to a significant number of recorded injuries which highlights the need to have the proper insurance. Some common brands of PWCs that we insure are Jet Ski, Sea-Doo, Kawasaki and Yamaha.
- Up to $2 Million limit of Protection & Indemnity (Liability) Coverage
- Agreed Value Coverage (under 5 years old)
- Fewer theft restrictions
- Coverage for Water Sports on PWCs with seating for 3
- Emergency Expense ($1,000) – We offer towing and assistance in the event of a mechanical failure or if you run out of fuel
- Personal Effects Coverage ($2,000) – Protect your personal contents on board
Call your broker today and ask for a PMU Express policy.