“We offer innovative products to protect boat owners from hardship and financial loss by providing clear wordings and education to our insurance broker community.”
For brokers looking for an exceptional personal client experience, Pacific Marine is the only Canada wide MGA with regional offices. We offer an adaptive suite of exclusive products that we deliver with a human touch, buoyed by a sophisticated technology platform to make quote and bind smooth sailing for all types of pleasure craft.
Our brokers and boat owners receive consistent and fair claim support with our dedication to preventative education, profitable growth, and low claims ratios.
What to expect from PMU
- Innovative – our products are unique, and we adapt to the changes in the marketplace.
- Accountable – we own our book of business. All staff are part of a team who have a voice.
- Approachable – we pride ourselves for building genuine long-term relationships with our broker partners.
- Competent – we are experienced and talented and have years of pleasure craft insurance knowledge. We strive to share our knowledge and help brokers build profitable marine portfolios.
- Competitive – we may not always be the lowest price but we have the best product wordings in the industry. We discern which boat owner is best suited to our product.
- Synergy – Managing broker needs and challenges is our priority . Everyone on our team collaborates and contributes to ideas and solutions to deliver the best in customer service.
- History of Pacific Marine Underwriting Ltd.
PMU started out on the west coast of Canada when Jim Ball (President of Reliance Insurance Group of Agencies) and Dan Kim, embarked on a journey to build a marine brokerage in British Columbia. From the start in 2000, the company grew eastward to build a network across Western Canada. In 2007, PMU expanded into Ontario, and in 2014 opened an office in Quebec. We are truly a national and bilingual pleasure craft insurance agency.
Pacific Marine is committed to working with insurance industry partners and we are proud members of various industry and pleasure craft associations across Canada. Our boutique niche MGA is here to support the broker community and to uphold the standards we have set for our company, our staff and our clients. By helping brokers meet their business goals, we strive to make a positive impact in communities across Canada.
Memberships & Affiliations
Our managers sit on various boards and committees and we are passionate about water safety and drowning prevention.
- The Canadian Association of Managing General Agents (CAMGA). When you deal with a CAMGA member, you are dealing with the gold standard of MGAs in Canada
- National Marine Manufacturers Association
- London Insurance Brokers Association
- Building Communities Together
- Marine Insurance Association of British Columbia
- Canadian Drowning Prevent Coalition Steering Committee
- National Community Drowning Prevention Coalition Committee
- RCCAQ – Regroupements des Cabinets de Courtage d’Assurance du Québec