Boat shows across Canada are going to be in full swing. The Pacific Marine Underwriting staff will have a booth at the Toronto, Barrie, London, and Ottawa boat shows. Stop by and say hi, or call us in advance to book an exclusive appointment with one of our broker partners.
Owning a boat is truly a lifestyle choice. Have fun at the boat show and take time to interact with vendors and exhibitors. The boating community is very friendly and most people are happy to share tips, tricks and wisdom. Now don your deck shoes and get going. We have made it easy for you to take a look at the upcoming boat shows:
Canadian Boat Shows
Tips for buying a brand new boat
A boat show is a great place to buy a new boat. Often the dealers will have boat show specials. When looking at boats here is a handy tips list to get started.
- Think about how you will use the boat, will it suit the family and your budget?
- How will you finance the boat?
- Where will you use the boat and what type of power will you need to navigate the type of water: calm waters, bay coastal, off-shore.
- Have a budget and include: insurance, moorage, maintenance, surveys, storage and navigation equipment.
- Use a PMU broker partner to get your insurance.
- What licensing will you need to operate the boat in your location. (A PCOC is a requirement for PMU insurance policies.)