PMU only collects, uses, and discloses personal Information for the following purposes:
1. Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
2. Establishing and maintaining communications with you
3. Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or other insurers;
4. Analysing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis
5. Investigating and paying claims
6. Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities
7. Compiling statistics
8. Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
9. Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of PMU collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information Practices:
1. Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to PMU or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to PMU)
2. Your expressed consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
3. Your consent solicited by PMU (or our agent) for a specified purpose
5. Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent of holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw the consent at any time. PMU will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for PMU to collect, use or disclose your personal information could mean the we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
PMU will only collect, use, or disclose personal information that is necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law. If we require personal information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an identified purpose. PMUM will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes.
PMU will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the identified purposes.
PMU will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity format, location, and storage of the personal information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY NOTICE REGARDING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM @pacificmarine.ca
A message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and any attached files. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. While attachments are virus checked, we do not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected. This includes any liability for any damages, claims, expense or loss whatsoever, arising in any way including but not limited to negligence, gross negligence, breach of any law, bylaw, rule or regulation whatsoever on the part of Pacific Marine Underwriting Managers Ltd. their affiliates, associates, companies, subsidiaries, partners, officers, members, directors, employees, agents, volunteers, independent contractors, representatives, or successors, past or present
Our privacy officers are as follows:
Western Canada: Nilanjana Mittra, email@example.com
Ontario: MaryKate Townsend, firstname.lastname@example.org
Quebec: Rola Nasser, email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with PMU's response to privacy related inquiry or complaint you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1 800 282 1376 or at www.privcon.gc.ca.